VENUES / PALAZZO AGNELLI SESSI
In the center of Mantua at number 13 of Via Anselmo Guerrieri Gonzaga formerly V. Torre Mozza and previously Contrada Torre Mozza in the Cervo district is the building whose first official records date back to 1700, reported by the land registry commissioned by Maria Theresa of Austria. The first owners traced in the land registers were Count Sessi Tintinago and subsequently the Marquise Olimpia Agnelli Sessi di Rolo, but the origins of the building, as evidenced by the frescoes and decorations, date back to the 15th century; the current ownership, over the course of 60 years, has intervened with two important renovations.
A large entrance hall leads to the imposing staircase that gives access to the noble floor; all the walls and the vaulted ceiling are decorated with 18th century frescoes with trompe l’oeil motifs of perspective escapes. The main floor develops with a series of halls with frescoed wooden ceilings and vaulted ceilings from later periods.
A modern staircase leads to the upper floor, formerly used as an attic and now remodeled in a modern way, which houses a sleeping area, a large attic and a study.
A large garden with vegetable garden develops behind the building and an annex, which overlooks the garden, limits the property.