VENUES / PLATTIS PALACE
The palace was built in the early 1700s by the Platis family (later Plattis then Platti) originally from Old Castile which arrived in Mantua in the mid-1600s (the period of Spanish preponderance). The Platis lived in Mantua “more nobilium” and entered into marriages with noble Mantuan and Venetian families.
Among others Felice Gaetano was appointed archdeacon of the cathedral of Mantua by the Emperor Charles VI (1739). Giovanni Antonio was general treasurer of the Duchy of Mantua with the rank of royal treasurer by appointment of the empress Maria Teresa (1751) as well as his son Anton Maria.
Another Anton Maria son of Giovanni and Giulia Manfrin inherited from his mother the title of Marquis (1862), he was a fervent patriot and after the unification of Italy he was awarded the order of Saints Maurizio and Lazzaro (1866).
Subsequently the palace was sold by the Platis to the Bulgarini and then to the Siliprandi family.
Tommaso Lonquich, Duilio Meucci - Piazzolla, Brindle
June 3, 2022 – 7.00 pm