VENUES / BIBLIOTECA TERESIANA
The Imperial Royal Library of Mantua was opened to the public on March 30, 1780, in accordance with the vast program of secularization and reform of cultural and educational institutions launched in 1749 by Maria Theresa of Austria.
In fact, the foundation of a homogeneous structure of public libraries organized throughout the territory corresponded to the enlightened policy of the Habsburg empire, almost always in the conventual buildings of the Society of Jesus, suppressed in 1773, with the Pertusati Library in Milan at the top. which in 1786 took the name of Braidense, and the University Library of Pavia.
In the same foreshortening, the Cremona Library and, shortly afterwards, those of Como and Lodi saw the light on the Lombard territory.
June 1, 2022 – 3.00 pm